Poor 810 sales

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
nikonuserinfo
Regular MemberPosts: 262Gear list
Like?
About NX2 non support for D810 NEF and sales...
In reply to Rick Knepper, 2 months ago

Rick Knepper wrote:

but only in the sense that he is seeing a fact and talking about the near term. Where he is wrong is in his conclusion. Getting away from NX-2 will be the best thing that ever happened to Nikon photographers who have become dependent on this software.

Rick,

What a strange reasoning... Someone might say the same about Adobe software. It would be just a very poor evolution in relation to creativity that finally everybody might use DNG or Adobe...

Anyhow, since D810 NEF is not supported by NX2, I shoot NEFs in neutral setting (one of the great qualities NX software has is that it keeps the picture style settings when opening a NEF file ) -> eventually adjust exposure and WB with NikonView NX2.10 -> conversion to TIFF with NikonView NX2.10 -> go to NX2 to do the final touch with its great U point tech. ->After that I use PS CS5 to put eventually some text.
Several key functions in NEF conversion are missing in NikonView 2.10 and NX-D though, and that's a pity.

About NX2 not to support D810 NEF files I am convinced that it will keep several users longer with their D800 or D800e...

And about D810 poor sales: A big retailer and friend of mine told me that mirrorless, Fuji and mobile phones are taking big part of classic DSLR market, no reasons to search relative poor D810 sales within Nikon management.

-- hide signature --

Stany
http://www.nikonuser.info
My former Dpreview profiles ( For which I do not have the Original email address anymore)
Stany Buyle
Photoforfun

nikonuserinfo's gear list:nikonuserinfo's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D200 Nikon D810 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
How?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow