ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stefandreas
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?
My suggestion for "natural" FZ200 settings
4 months ago

Hi,

I read a lot about settings in FZ200 to produce images that look natural  as well as sharp. My main problem were: unnatural skin tones and overdone colours in standard setting.  I tried for one week during my holidays and combined different advices in this forum to produce a mode that I can use all the time without thinking of adjustments anymore. Finally I got something that I can use blindly, no matter the subject. The main adavantage: very good skin tones, very accurate colours. Here comes my "Best of setting posts" suggestion, try it if you like:

- Natural mode (the only mode which allows fine differentiation in colours/shades/skin tones)

- Contrast -1 (this is crucial, much better colour differentiation than 0)

- Sharpness - 2

- Saturation 0

- Noise Reduction - 1 (gives smoother skins than -2)

Now, some will cry:

- Intelligent Resolution ON (I did a lot of comparison and found that this really sharpens nicely, much better than normal sharpness - but only in Natural mode and with sharpness at -2)

- Dynamic Range Optimizer: LOW (doesn't harm and helps a little with highlights)

- always: -0,33 EV, in very sunlit conditions -0,66

Thats it. Works nicely for me.

Stefan

Some images from Zadar, Croatia:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow