Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
disastermaster
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
IXUS 220 HS / Powershot Elph 300 audio distortion
4 months ago

Hi to all, this is my first post on this site, although I have asked this question on another couple of sites with zero replies!!

I have an IXUS 220 HS (Powershot Elph 300) which I have used with great success over the last two years or so. My main problem is with audio distortion when recording video in a loud enviroment, ie rock music in small venues like bars and pubs. I know these cameras are not really built for this purpose BUT I also have an old IXUS 70 (PowerShot SD1000) which deals with very loud music without a problem! Do you think that the problem is the actual microphone capsules reaching their limit or the software/circuitry ? If it is the software at fault is there a way CHDK could improve it? If it is the actual capsules could these be changed for ones with a higher spl ? I was even thinking of adding a 3.5 mm jack somewhere on the body (or trailing lead) to add an external microphone. What do you guys think? I have taken other small compacts to pieces to replace buttons, screens etc so working on it would not pose too much of a problem. I do want to keep the camera as I love its small size and low light capabilities.

TIA Disastermaster

Canon ELPH 300 HS (IXUS 220 HS) Canon PowerShot SD1000 (Digital IXUS 70)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow