GAS or Logical?
2 months ago

Here's my current setup after some lens consolidation:

A6000

SEL16+ECLU

SEL35

SEL1670z

Here's my current problem with said setup:

My main subject matter is currently my 4 mo old daughter. I am not really going out and shooting sports or birding or doing anything much other than shooting portraits of her, our friends, and their kids.

One of the problems I run into constantly is trying to fit the A6000 with the 1670 into our diaper bag. I want to have the camera with us all the time but half the time I end up not using it or just not bringing it. Also my wife gets angry at me every time we go out because she ends up having to carry more weight. Also I always fear a bottle might leak water in there or something. Additionally, if we are going out later in the day/night I always feel compelled to bring my SEL35 in case the light gets poor.

I had purchased the 1670 to try to be consolidated with the best IQ but its just been kind of a hassle, even though I do love the IQ and the lens in general.

From some lenses I just sold I raised about $800. I was intending to get a CZ24, but realize this won't solve my problem.

I was thinking the most logical thing to do would be to put that $800 towards an RXIII. I can take this everywhere and every time we go out. This will be a general snapper for those impromptu trips out.

I was then thinking of selling the 1670, since I will have a general walk around in the RXIII, and buying the 24z and the SEL50 1.8 and making my A6000 a back for primes. When I am going to specifically shoot something and plan for it, Ill bring the A6k and the prime package. I have no real problem switching on the fly.

Does this make sense? I figure it will only cost me a few hundred out of pocket (I have no problems buying used), or am I over thinking things?

Tommygun45's gear list:Tommygun45's gear list
RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow