Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,968Gear list
Like?
Opinions Sought on OFC-1 (FluCard) deal
4 months ago

Well, it finally happened... This past weekend, during SC's annual sales tax holiday, I took advantage of a sale price on the 64 GB Samsung Galaxy 12.2 Note Pro and "bit the bullet," so to speak; also got the $99 Zagg protective cover/stand & keyboard with clear screen protector & got the fastest 64 GB SDXC micro SD card Sandisk makes from Amazon for added "RAM."

Everything's here except the Galaxy, which is due tomorrow. Of course a big part of why I bought all this is to use with a FluCard, yet I haven't actually made THAT purchase yet. I was hoping maybe Pentax/Trek would come out with a faster or bigger version, but none so far.

Anyway, while shopping at Amazon I saw links for sales at the bottom of the page and clicked on one. I found a Pentax FluCard for $61 on eBay, with free shipping, from a photo dealer with a 99.8% positive rating. But after doing a search for FluCard here, I also saw where someone in Australia who goes by LWW got a K-3 "bundled kit" that was supposed to include the Pentax FluCard and instead included just a generic FluCard that's useless for those purposes. ALL the pictures of the card on this site are of the ORIGINAL Pentax FluCard, so it really LOOKS legitimate. And there's free returns (although the buyer has to pay return shipping; shipping TO the buyer is free).

Anyway, here's the link: FluCard Deal  I'd appreciate any thoughts on the matter. $38 is a lot of money to those of us who have to spend carefully (I know -- I already spent "A BUNDLE" on that Galaxy and case/keyboard/protective screen combined -- BUT I also got the Galaxy for $150 OFF, and I make such purchases RARELY, so when I do, I try to get something I think will be RELEVANT for quite some time), but I don't want to buy something that's junk and just have to return it, either.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow