Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fuesting
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
Real Estate Photography Tips Pretty Please
4 months ago

My friend (realtor) has asked me to shoot a very nice home that he just listed, so I'm throwing my hat into the world of real estate photography sometime this week.  It's a vacant house that is apparently beautiful.  I do not think it's furnished at all.  I will have as much time as I need in the house.  I really don't know what I'm doing in the sense that I have never shot real estate and my strategy is to just copy what others have done.

Would any of you have any tips for me?  I'm looking for pretty much any information.

My gear consists of an E-M1, 12-40mm f2.8, 25mm f1.4, 45mm f1.8, 75mm f1.8, and a 40-150mm f-cheapo. I also have a sharp Canon FD 50mm f1.4 w/ adapter.  Of course an old tripod that "works".

My game plan is to shoot most of it at 12mm and maybe HDR?  Maybe do HDR in post.  The house itself has an incredible view of Pittsburgh.  I figure I better show that off.  Should I bring a ladder for a more top-down approach to showing rooms?  Any panoramas?

Thanks in advance!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow