Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,499Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony FE 28-70mm kit lens
In reply to ajamils1, 1 month ago

ajamils1 wrote:

I currently have X-T1 and I'm leaning towards getting A7 as well (along with 55mm f1.8). Even though I've been content with Fuji for some time but something but FF just seem to be calling my name :).

I thought about getting the kit lens but I've read conflicting reviews and they seem to be on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Some people regard it as the best kit lens (not sure how it compares to Fuji 18-55) while others complain about it being soft and not worth buying.

Six months ago, I was also under the impression that the kit lens was not top quality, but I've learned that this was simply misinformation that some people were spreading (not having even used the lens). The FE kit lens is very good, I find no flaw with it. DXO tested it and came to the conclusion that it's pretty much as good optically as the much more expensive 24-70. Thus, it provides incredible value.

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow