Flat view
exRhodesian
Regular MemberPosts: 294
Like?
'Lens Firmware Updates' - the Nikkor Lenses requiring LFU's
1 month ago

Hi,

Several weeks ago Nikon did both an AF-Tuning and LFU on my D800 and lenses

Three days after getting the D810, I again took in my lenses + the new D810 to our Nikon Service Center for both the AF-Tuning and the LFU only to be contacted the following day by Nikon apologizing that they will not be able to commence on the tunings / upgrades as Nikon HQ have still not sent out all the D810 software / configurations required - I went back & collected everything.

Today I phoned & spoke to the senior Technical Manager to find out they're still waiting and to check back next week. While on the phone I asked him a number of questions on LFU's :

Q: is a Camera Firmware Update different to a Lens Firmware Update ?

A: Yes. Lens Firmware Updates are not available to the public / can not get downloaded as can Camera Firmware Updates. LFU's can only get done at Nikon Service Centers.

Q: can LFU's get done on ALL lenses ?

A: No. LFU's can only get done on 5 Nikkor lenses:

1. 80-400mm G series ( not the old 80-400mm )
  2. 400mm
  3. 500mm
  4. 600mm
  5. 800mm

Q: are there no LFU's for the likes of the 80-200mmED, 85mmf1.4, 24-70mmf2.8 lenses ?

A: No

With so many Nikon owners concerned about having the proper settings, accessories, setup...etc for their cameras, how many owners with any of the above lenses have ensured that their lenses have the correct LFU's ?

Check with your nearest Nikon Service Center on having your Lens Firmware Updates done.

Thanks,

Adrian

Nikon D800 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow