ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rwbaron
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,069Gear list
Like?
Getting to know the X-T1
1 month ago

Hello Fuji shooters.

I recently added an X-T1 with the 18-55 and 55-200 to my Canon kit. One of my favorite pastimes (when I have time) is to drive into Milwaukee late in the day, park the car and simply walk looking for street and urban landscape shots and I thought I'd share a few from the process of getting to know the X-T1. None are exceptional in my view but they have served to bolster my confidence and comfort level with the Fuji.

Overall I'm very pleased with the camera and the 2 zooms. They have replaced my Canon 7D and comparable L lenses for the majority of my photography and I'm finding a nice gain in IQ overall along with the benefit of smaller size and less weight. The only real gripe so far is the dismal battery life but this is to be expected I suppose with a camera that relies on an EVF or LCD. The 10-24 is next on my list along with a few primes such as possibly the 23, 27 and 56. I was looking forward to the 120-400 but unfortunately it's been delayed until late next year.

All images captured as RAW files and processed in LR.

I hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing.

Constructive critique welcome.

Bob

The old Federal building on Wisconsin Avenue

Waiting for the bus at the Amtrak station

Sven's Café and the Iron Block building on Water street

Navigating the river through downtown

Early evening yoga class

Taking it in along the river walk

Another view of the Federal building

Old St. Mary's clock tower

Iron Block building (1860) with a cast iron facade

One of many harbor cruise boats

Wisconsin Gas Building (originally Milwaukee Gas Light Building) classic stepped Art Deco tower

-- hide signature --
 rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D +20 more
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow