Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jpartlo
Contributing MemberPosts: 999
Like?
A7r - Unusual memory card event
4 months ago

Sorry for the double post, pushed the wrong key.

I'm gradually learning how to use my new A7r.  Technique is important and I don't think you can get away with lazy.  Last weekend I had a day shooting in a village near me in Suffolk, England.  I'm familiar with the place and shot around 250 frames.  Once downloaded and processed I was dismayed to find I couldn't get any shot to be truly sharp and to display fine detail.  As I say technique is important but even I can't miss every shot with the three lenses I possess - FE35,FE55 and a old Canon 100mm fd.  So I wondered was my camera suddenly faulty?  Well, as well as the camera being common to all the shots so was the memory card.  I did a fairly rigorous test on all six of my cards and sure enough one the the cards produces files with a noticable slight blur and a loss of fine detail.  I can't recall ever hearing of such a thing happening to any one else but my gloom has certainly lifted.

Just for fun I attach some other shots that have maybe worked OK.

Regards

jim partlo

Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow