A77 II - Purchasing Discussion (non technology factors)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,900Gear list
Like?
A77 II - Purchasing Discussion (non technology factors)
1 month ago

Hi,

Well.. I am being a bit irresponsible since we had some unexpected money happen and I am 90% sure this weekend I am pulling the trigger.

I am overthinking the purchase vs. going on impulse.

Factors:

Coverage:  (Cost vs Service level etc)

• Extended warranty  (with damage or not)
  • Sony vs Mack vs Amazon SmartGuaud ($70 for 4 years most accidents covered etc, got it on A77)
  • Rider on renters insurance ($70 a year for all my lenses and camera) 

Likelihood of exchange

• local dealer (access, speed, vs inventory)
  • Amazon (shipping, great return service, larger inventory)

Local Dealer Discussion

They let me try camera, pulled it out of a package, even when I as clear I was not ready to buy. But not the final reason I am buying.

IF the price was the same it would be a no brainer,.. would you pay the 9.2% sales tax $100 on the body vs. from online that can deliver in one day or less for free and does great returns and exchanges (Amazon Fulfilled)

I am curious to hear how others view this..  Service was given, but without it I would still have bought the camera.

I am interested in experience and any constructive discussion..  of above topics related to what you thing about past the camera when buying

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Sony SLT-A77 Nikon 1 J1 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +7 more
Sony a77 II Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow