Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Allen1025
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
D200 Wedding Photography
4 months ago

Hi All and Thanks in advance for everyone's input.
I'm a lurker here on this forum reading most posts but not commenting.
I'm scheduled to do wedding photos in the last part of Sept for a couple in an informal small church.
This is not my first paid wedding. I have done several and I have pro mono heads and soft boxes but the church is small and has a lot of clutter and unsightly and distracting pictures on the front wall so we will only do the ceremony and a few shots inside without setting up the mono heads.
My question to the forum is about shooting in manual mode inside using on camera (non TTL) flash.
There are large windows on camera left with evening sun shining in with no way to block that light off.
I'll be shooting D200 Tamron 28-75 2.8 lens with Vivatar 285 flash. I'm not comfortable shooting over 800 ISO
Could you recommend some settings for the inside ceremony photos. They are ok with flash during the ceremony. The ambient lighting should be the same through out the 1/2 or less ceremony.
I'm thinking 4-5.6 @ 60-125th and if I need more light open up a stop? Don't know?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow