ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Iza
Iza
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
A6000 AF points with SEL 1855mm lens not showing up
2 months ago

I just traded my Nex 5R for the a6000 but kept the kit lens from the Nex 5R because it was a very good copy of that lens. Even though the lens shows as version .02 in setup (the latest version) the focus points do not show up as they did for the Nex 5R. The focus is faster than the 5R but I don't know if the camera is using the combined autofocus of focal plane phase detection and contrast AF.

In the a6000 instructions it says "even if you use a previously purchased applicable lens the focal plane phase detection AF might not function uless you update the lens - but it is already shows that it is the latest version in setup. Do the focus points look like the ones in the Nex 5R or are the moving green squares enough indication that the phase-detection is engaged?

I do not want to mess up the lens by trying to update it if it does not need to be - thanks for any help...

ANSWER:
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow