Need some assistance with my Xrite i1display pro and monitor.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
crapwizard
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Need some assistance with my Xrite i1display pro and monitor.
4 months ago

Hello there,

New to calibration.

While I will primarily be working with video in a post production setting, the situation applies to photography as well. Any help will be appreciated!

I recently picked up an xrite i1display pro and a crossover 27q LED-P (2560x1440) Korean IPS panel. I enjoy how easy the i1profiler software is, but am told that DispCal Gui/Argyll is the way to go if I want a more accurate calibration (larger color patches)

Anyway, the Crossover 27q LED-P has a brightness adjustment knob on the back, but nothing for color adjustments. To this point, I've been allowing i1profiler to automatically make any adjustments.

Since, I'm looking to move into the DispCal/Argyll setup and my monitor doesn't have color adjustment knobs, I'm wondering what the easiest way to make the adjustments would be? Open up the windows default calibration tool? other software control?

I do know people have calibrated this particular display using this method, but no one has answered my questions.

I'm also wondering how I can go about determining the calibrated monitor's coverage of different color spaces (i.e 98% of ARGB, etc...)

Again, any help is appreciated!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow