Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,152Gear list
Like?
Gh4 vs A7s: don't like this one bit
1 month ago

So now we are waiting for the attention the Gh4 simplydeserves, standalone and basically reviewed standalone. of course, in every review there are comparisons from variousangles with other cams. But basically, the Gh4 and all other cams are discussed featurewise.

Most of us were thinking that such a cam simpluy takes time to review. a lot of energy must be put in it to assess the cam. What we see now is that at least a huge chunk of that time and energy is also ut into a much newer cam: the A7s.

Gh4 does not get the limelight of may be will get it but in the wrong order. If you dowhat DPR does now you simply steal the attention that this cam deserves.

And this is what I have felt many more times: I have the feeling they wait so long that a very unique camera over time is less unique because others start to incorprate similar features. it is like waitng to review the RX10 and then pit it up againast the brand new FZ1000.

May be there are good reasons, because I of course do not know the backgorund on the choicemaking by DPR, but as it is I feel doing this is very unfair towards Gh4, regardless of the outcome.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony Alpha 7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow