Canon Service Centre Bangkok Thailand - fantastic service!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
StickmanBangkok
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Canon Service Centre Bangkok Thailand - fantastic service!
4 months ago

I often read in this forum about the troubles members have getting their gear repaired at the local Canon service centre.  Sometimes it takes a long time, often it costs quite a lot and from time to time the issue is not fixed at all and upon getting their gear back they find the problem persists.  In contrast with all of these negative reports, I have had 2 very positive experiences at Canon Thailand's official service centre in downtown Bangkok.

Several months back I took in my 5D3 for a cleaning.  Both the exterior of the camera was cleaned, as well as the sensor + all of the camera's functions checked.  I dropped it off in the afternoon and was told it would be available for collection the next day.  The total cost was just 375 baht = about $US 12.  The camera came back looking almost brand new, save for a couple of nicks and scratches.  The sensor had been expertly cleaned.

I recently took in my 24-70LII on which the rubber ring around the zoom had become floppy and loose.  The lens still functioned perfectly but it was less fun to use with the rubber loose.  I dropped the lens in at 10 AM and after checking that the part was in stock, I was told it would be ready for collection at midday.  That's just 2 hours later!  And the total cost?  237 baht, or less than $US 8!  A bargain!

If you are passing through Bangkok and have any gear that needs to be checked, sensors that could do with cleaning or lenses that could do with being cleaned / adjusted, the service centre is adjacent to the Chongnonsee skytrain station and easy to get to.  If you're used to the prices charged by official service centres in the West you will be amazed how inexpensive it is in Bangkok.  Really, it might cost you less than 10% of what you'd pay at home - and the workmanship every bit as good!

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow