Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hammarbytp
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Need to low light compact my wife can use
4 months ago

I am in a unusual situation that my wife is demanding that I buy a camera!

Now I am a very happy DSLR user, but sometimes my wife wishes to take photo's and finds my camera too complex for her(especially with the modes I tend to leave it in)

Therefore she wants a simple camera that she can use. However I would also find a small compact useful to take on business trips, so I would like to use it to once in a while

Problem is, the reason I went to DSLR in the 1st place was the low light capabilities was so bad.

So I am looking for a compact which is pretty easy to use, but is good in low light(if that means a reduction in zoom, so be it). So preferable it has to have a CMOS sensor and a reasonable fast len.

Oh, it also can't be to expensive, so the 1st person who suggests the Sony RX1 and the like gets a slap

I am tempted by the Olympus STYLUS XZ-10, which looks a good price now. However the reviews have been less than stellar, so can anyone give some feedback on this, or an alternative camera which would do just as well.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow