Looking for inexpensive zoom, New to DSLR

Started Aug 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mr McClicky
Mr McClicky Regular Member • Posts: 195
Looking for inexpensive zoom, New to DSLR

Hello everyone I recently purchased a d3300 in order to incorporate photography into my video production services.

Since the purchase, I'm finding that I truly enjoy photography as much as I enjoy cinematography and videography. I'm interested in pretty much the whole spectrum of digital photography but mainly portrait, landscapes, fashion and fine art.

At the moment, I can't afford the higher end lenses and would like to hone my skills before investing significant funds. I currently have the 18-55 kit lens and a 50mm f1.4 ais manual focus len. Now I'm looking for a longer yet inexpensive telephoto to practice with and hopefully one day be able to earn a living with photography.

I found a used nikon 35-135 f3.5 - 4.5 in 8+ condition, from a reputable dealer for $100. At this low price, I figure there has to be a catch. Can anyone tell me if the 35-135 is in general a worthy lens, and if so, why are they so inexpensive?

I don't want to compromise too much image quality for a lower price. Thanks for your feedback and advice.   35-135 f3.5 - 4.5N auto focus lens

Cheers

Rafael

Nikon D3300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow