Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Caerolle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,378Gear list
Like?
Re: Maybe Canon could... but will they?
In reply to Jerry-astro, 1 month ago

Jerry-astro wrote:

Caerolle wrote:

Ah, good, I am glad it made some sense! And yes, it is always interesting talking to you!

I so love that you and your wife both do photography, too, that is awesome!

I'm hoping that having a camera that mere mortals can use will spark her interest somewhat. I think the experience with Sony made the process of taking pictures a lot more umm... difficult than she liked. She'll never have my passion for the hobby (and the technology), but when we do go out occasionally and take pictures together, it's a lot more fun.

BTW, had to say the Jetsons reference in your earlier post totally cracked me up. Well played.

Well, I certainly had a lot of fun with the E-M10 I had rented! I even extended my rental, and that is the first time I have ever done that. I smiled every time I used that little camera. It and the lenses are cute and small, but very solid. And it took pics that were at least 90% of what I could get with my 6D. On the other hand, I had the 25/1.8 and the 45/1.8, and shot them at 2.0 pretty much the whole time. And that was still only the equivalent of 4.0 on my 6D, and I shoot a lot at 2.8, and a fair bit at 2.0. That is what I love about what Fuji is doing, with the 1.2 and 1.4 primes, they get to where I need to be.

I don't know how long your wife has had the E-M10, but I wonder if the more she uses it, the more she *will* use it, once she has it configured to her liking (which is a pain). I found myself taking a lot of 'fun' pictures with the one I had, instead of feeling the pressure to 'make a good photo' like I do with my Canon.

And hey, my sister and I loved Rosie! Who doesn't???? And if I had a flying car, or at least a self-driving one, I would not mind my horrid commute nearly as bad--I could read, finish getting ready, or even take a nap!  

-- hide signature --

Not because I think they are good, but because I would like to improve (feel free to provide me with feedback):
http://500px.com/carolteater

Caerolle's gear list:Caerolle's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow