Quick Introduction....Back after many years...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jadams69
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Quick Introduction....Back after many years...
4 months ago

All,

I have returned to DPreview after many years away as I've just purchased an Oly EM-5.  This is an upgrade from an old Oly E-Volt E500 that had been collecting dust and following the theft of a samsung point and shoot (with a fast lens system).  I was looking for something that was a bit more compact but with the functions and capabilities that are more commonplace in a larger SLR.  The added plus is that my wife has an Oly PEN EPL-1 so the lenses should be something we can share.

I should receive the camera shortly and it has a 12-50mm kit lens.  I would like to purchase a prime but I'm struggling as to which one to purchase.  I think I want a 20 or 25mm f1.8 but I may end up getting a 45mm f1.8.  I take photos mostly of family and friends at events so I think a 17mm would be too wide and a 45mm may be too narrow (still not sure)...

Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and keeping up with the current events.

thank you,

james

jadams69's gear list:jadams69's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow