A55 w/70-400mm G BIF (My First Outing w/A55 Was Enjoyable)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Curtindale
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,786Gear list
Like?
A55 w/70-400mm G BIF (My First Outing w/A55 Was Enjoyable)
3 months ago

This was an interesting day. I took my $25 A55 on it's first outing to do BIF. The A55 is an APS-C and four year old technology and of course it's not meant to compete with my A99 but it sure was fun to use. The thing I noticed most was the noise but I was generally able to deal with this in PS CS6. I also noticed the images were softer. I found the EVF totally acceptable for shooting BIF and the Hi Speed Drive (10 FPS) totally was great.

To save on power I turned off GPS and the Auto Preview. I turned the LCD screen inward so it would not be on at all. I was able to get 318 shots on my battery (that did include some viewing of images on the LCD).

I shot on RAW, Manual, AF-S, Spot, Hi Speed Drive.

Any helpful hints for best results with the A55 would be appreciated (I'm new on this one).  In the end this camera will probably be passed down to one of my grand kids.

All images were handheld and post processed in PS CS6:

-- hide signature --

A99, A900, A700, R1, w/Zeiss + Sony G Glass, Samsung Galaxy Note III, PS CS6
My Picasa Albums: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109849611643818398019/albums My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheWillybug

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 +15 more
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow