Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clemcam
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
An unhearalded feature of the GX7 for eyeglass wearers
3 months ago

What fraction of photographers wear eyeglasses is unknown to me, but it must be large.  As one who has worn glasses nearly all his life, being able to see the whole frame through a viewfinder has been a major factor in my selection of cameras.  My last truly satisfactory camera in this respect was the Nikon F3HP, the HP standing for high eyepoint.  I haven't checked out the latest DSLRs; my last DSLR was a Nikon D50 which was mediocre in this respect.  However, my new Panasonic GX7 has an option which David Thorpe's book on the GX7 menus characterizes as less than useless.  It is the item in the custom menus called "LVF Disp. Style."  It allows reducing the picture area so that the exposure parameters are outside the picture frame.  The advantage for eyeglass wearers is that the whole picture area is then visible without moving the eye around.  Do other m43 cameras have this option?

clemcam's gear list:clemcam's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon Coolpix P7800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Nikon D50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow