Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brooks509
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
First serious digital camera
4 months ago

I did photography seriously when I was much younger.  I owned a couple of Leicas and a Rolliflex.  Never got into large format work at a serious level.

Back then, I was interested in people  - abstract photojournalism is probably an accurate label. Now I have a specific project in mind and am looking for a specific camera.  I intend to photograph the agricultural and industrial landscape of the Pacific Northwest, mostly in black and white.  These will be composed, with the camera often set up on a lightweight tripod.

In the past, I preferred the discipline of fixed length lens.  I would like to be able to work from a 27mm field of  view to 90mm with no more than two high-quality lens.

I would basically like something like a 4x5 ground glass image on the back of the camera, or something as close to that as possible.  (I don't think they are there yet.)  I am not opposed to working under a hood.  The resolution on the actual viewing screen needs to be good.  I would like to be able to preview the image in black and white, preview any ultra-violet, sky darkening or other filters.

I also need the camera to have a more traditionally located viewfinder, so that it can also be used without a tripod, but it does not have to be an SLR.  Accuracy between final image and the large viewing screen is more important than accuracy between viewfinder and final image.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  The upper end of my budget would be in the 2k range.

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow