Fuji future sensor technology?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Caerolle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,757Gear list
Like?
Re: Maybe Canon could... but will they?
In reply to Caerolle, 4 months ago

Caerolle wrote:

I think you may have misunderstood me. I was saying that Canon could make an enormous jump over *the M*, not over other existing cameras/systems. To vastly improve on their current system, all they would have to do is to build a camera around the sensor from the 70D, with a great EVF. They have the sensor, they could buy the EVF from someone else, like Fuji and Olympus do. They could release a few more lenses, which would increase their lens range several-fold. They already have a mount, and if there is one thing Canon can do, it is design and build lenses. So, they really don't need any 'game-changing' sensor technology, they just need to put the one they already have, that is way better than the one they are using, in a better body.

I do agree that the biggest roadblock to Canon is their conservative mindset, and wanting to squeeze every last bit of use out of old tech.

-- hide signature --

Not because I think they are good, but because I would like to improve (feel free to provide me with feedback):
http://500px.com/carolteater

Oh, and as far as your time-scale goes, I personally have given up on anyone making an APS-C mirrorless system that will meet my needs, for at least 3-5 years. I had originally planned to go back to a dSLR for a couple of years until some system, most likely Fuji, met my needs, I have given up on that, and am actually buying more lenses and making plans around using that system for at least 5 more years.

-- hide signature --

Not because I think they are good, but because I would like to improve (feel free to provide me with feedback):
http://500px.com/carolteater

Caerolle's gear list:Caerolle's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow