Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
StillLearning
Senior MemberPosts: 2,407
Like?
Thunderstorm season has arrived.
4 months ago

It has taken 4 weeks for a thunderstorm close enough to photograph this season. Actually it has been light for my area but not for those north of me. It was one of the reasons I purchased a Strike Finder PROII.  I have used it for droplet photography before the monsoons started.  First time it worked pretty well but it was well after dark and the storm was relatively close and active.  Second time the storm was more distant and it was sluggish missing all the strikes.  I tested the battery and it was at 8.7v.  So I put in a fresh 9V which tested at over 9.5V.  Had a storm yesterday afternoon. Plenty of rain but not much visible lightning.  Always somewhere I wasn't pointed.  Should get somemore by this weekend.  In the meantime I will go through the menus turning off functions I don't need to shorten shutter lag time. Had the lens in manual but not the body.  Had manually focused at infinity.

These are a few of the shots I captured.  I had captured approximately 56 shots with 32 decent ones.  Will post more in the future. Will give my summation at the end about my thoughts on the Strike Finder PROII.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow