Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
osloray
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,599Gear list
Like?
I prefer low weight to large aperture
4 months ago

Many, many year ago I bought the Canon 85mm 1.2 to shoot indoor volleyball. It was a very large lens. Large and heavy. It gave me much light through the viewfinder, but I could not use that largest opening, because it gave sharpness only in a very small area.
These days, with the X-series Fuji cameras you get acceptable images with ISO 3200. That means you are able to get images even in not-to-good lighting.
My favourite wide angle has been 24 mm (135 film), or 16 mm for my X-T1. I read here that many want this to be f/1.4. I do not! I got into mirrorless cameras because of the reduced weight. I do not understand why so many want/need heavy glass fore these cameras.
I have the 14mm and the 18-55mm (sold the fantastic 55-200 mm to my brother, I found it a bit on the heavy side). I will reconsider my lens choices later this year, but I know I want the 90 mm (135). I shall wait to the end of the year and see what Fuji comes up with.
Any comments?

osloray's gear list:osloray's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow