Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RicksAstro
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,416Gear list
Like?
A few more niggles with video with the FZ1000
1 month ago

Just thought I'd share a few more items I've found while playing with the FZ1000 for video:

- In M Video dial position, it does not show ISO selected at all, and only shows the item you can control (shutter for S, aperture for A and nothing at all for P).  Shows both aperture and shutter for M.

- Again in M dial position, if you select Manual, you cannot use auto ISO at all...you must select ISO manually

All of the above make using an ND filter a lot more challenging, particularly in dynamic conditions. I usually shoot video in S mode using the 180 degree rule and let the camera deal with Aperture and ISO.   But I can't tell right off if I need to use an ND filter because I have no idea what aperture or ISO are selected.  I'm flying blind.

Not sure why Panasonic would choose to not display this information in real time, since the camera knows what it's currently using for these things and there are explicit spots for the information that remain blank.

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow