Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lobalobo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,805
Like?
Panasonic G6 or (G1 or) GH4 for Stills
2 months ago

Have had a Panasonic G1 (the original m4/3 camera) sitting mostly in my closet for years while I used pocket cameras. Finally decided to shoot with a larger sensor and so purchased m4/3 lenses (the original Panasonic 14-140 and the Panasonic 100 - 300 along with an Olympus 28mm prime). I've been enjoying the larger equipment and thinking about updating the camera itself. To my surprise the GH4 (body only) is roughly twice the price of the G6 (body only). Other than video (in which I'm uninterested), is there a noticeable image quality difference between the GH4 and G6? And while I'm on the topic, will I likely notice image quality differences between either the GH4 or G6 on the one hand and the old G1 on the other? (Yes, I know I could consider an Olympus body as well, but after spending almost $900 for two image-stabilized lenses, I'm reluctant to shell out additional cash for the image-stabilization component of another body.) Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow