How important is video in your DSLR ?

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
AlbertInFrance
Senior MemberPosts: 2,244Gear list
Like?
Re: How important is video in your DSLR ?
In reply to JimC1101, 1 month ago

I just wandered in here off the street. My only Pentax takes film. However, I'm an ex cameraman as well as an ex pro photographer. Shot my last real video a couple of years ago as a pro bono for a major charity.

I would never buy any of the current DSLRs from any manufacturer primarily to shoot video. Absolutely none of them. The ergonomics and connectivity are just not there.

I sometimes shoot family clips ('little jimmy's first steps' and suchlike) but I'd usually do that with my P&S.

If I were to go back to working in video I'd look at the BlackMagic cameras and if I wanted to do more serious amateur/pro bono stuff I'd probably get a micro 4/3 as a reasonable hybrid.

I'm considering getting a Pentax for the times when I need the strengths of a DSLR. Video capabilities will play absolutely no part in that buying decision.

-- hide signature --

Albert
Every photograph is an abstraction from reality.
Most people are more interested in the picture than the image.

AlbertInFrance's gear list:AlbertInFrance's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow