Flat view
scottster
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
First Post, sold all my Nikon gear and bought 77m2
2 months ago

Hi one and all

This is my first post to DPReview.

For quite sometime, I have been a Nikon fan ever since the D70, through D200 to D300 and D300s but I stopped using my SLR due to its size. I ended up buying an RX100 just to carry around with me but I missed the SLR speed and adapability. When Sony announced the 77m2 I was interested in the fast FPS plus some of the other functionality. So I sold all my Nikon gear, D300s, multiple lenses etc. and bought a 77m2 sight unseen. I hadn't held the camera, hadn't even seen one in 'the flesh' so to speak so it was a bit of a step into the unknown. My work colleague summed it up nicely saying "Thats brave!". Quite a lot of money for something I hadn't seen or tried.

Anyway I have had the camera about a week now and I have to say I am very pleased with it. This last weekend was the first chance that I have had to have a play. The focusing system is immense and speed is super. I have not really had chance to get my head around all the various focusing options etc. but I am looking forward to getting used to the camera over the next few months.

I do have a question however. The memory card slot door. Does anyone else's squeak or not seem to sit quite flush. When I am gripping the camera there seems to be a little movement on the door which I wasn't expecting and of course it is right where my palm sits when holding the camera. Just a minor irritation.

Anyway, a couple of shots from the weekend.

Regards

Jon

scottster's gear list:scottster's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow