Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Christof21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,044
Like?
Re: Fuji future sensor technology?
In reply to Daniel Keutmann, 2 months ago

Daniel Keutmann wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just sold my Canon SLR equipment and am now at the point of investing in a new system. Since I find the electronic viewfinders good enough by now it should be a mirrorless camera.

I want an aps-c sized sensor so m43 is not an option. This leaves me pretty much the choice between Fuji an Sony.

I think the Fuji lens line up is much better, I actually struggle to find a decent standard-zoom for sony.

In addition I somehow don't like how sony cameras operate and feel.

So it's all in favour of Fuji... BUT

I heard rumors of canon and sony developing foveon-like sensors. If one of them should succeed in producing such a sensor with decent low light performance I fear that this would mean the end for the other companies (I own a dp merrill - in good light nothing can match it in terms of sheer image quality).

Is Fuji developing anything similar as well?

It would be annoying to invest in Fuji if they can't compete sensor wise...

What are your thoughts on this?

Best regards

Daniel

First, I thank Sony for its great sensor we can benefit on our Fuji camera !

Sony has many innovations and much more potential to innovate than Fuji IMHO.  Before the Fuji camera can use a new Sony sensor, there may be a delay ( I had heard there was at least a 6 months delay)

But if there is a big improvement, I guess the delay couild be much longer because Sony can take big margins without competitors...The Sony sensor from the RX100 for instance has only been shared recently (in the pana FZ1000).

Sony has also the  curved sensor technology which should be announced at photokina.

In the opposite, I have more and more doubts about the organic sensor...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow