What gives more satisfaction: Zeiss 21/2.8 or Sigma Art 35 and 50 together?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Emil Varadi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075Gear list
Like?
What gives more satisfaction: Zeiss 21/2.8 or Sigma Art 35 and 50 together?
4 months ago

Seven months ago I asked the question in the Nikon pro camera forum, what would gives more shooter satisfaction: the Nikon D800E or the D610 with a Zeiss 21/2.8? Based also on the results of that discussion I bought four months ago the D800E. (Should have waited more and buy the D810, but who knew at the time?)

Now I'm back with a similar question - actually I also know my reply - but why not ask your opinion: what gives more shooter satisfaction: the Zeiss ZF 21/2.8 or the Sigma Art 35/1.4 plus the 50/1.4? Pricewise the two Sigmas cost a Zeiss 21. Simple: two lenses vs one.

The Zeiss is what it is. Few days ago Loyd Chambers and Ming Thein had a long discussion mentioning Zeiss lenses and drooling over the 21 and Zeiss microcontrast, but strange as it is - have you noticed - they have not mentioned the Sigma Art lenses. (If they did, I did not notice).

The Sigma 50 Art is the best AF lens there is IQ wise (Lloyd Chambers) and the 35 mm Art is also not too far. So I did my homework, I know well what I am asking my question about.

Part of the equation is, I already have the spectacular 24/1.4G.

I know what I'd choose, unless you succed to convince me otherwise (the two Sigmas) but which way would YOU go and why?

To answer the inevitable question in advance: I shoot landscapes, cityscapes, and parctically everything else.

Emil Varadi's gear list:Emil Varadi's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Ricoh GR Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D610 Nikon D800E Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow