Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KN13
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
Best lens combo for baby shots at hospital
1 month ago

My wife and are are potentially days away from the birth of our first child (a little girl) and I want to have my kit ready for in hospital shots after my responsibilities during labor are complete (i.e. camera is not coming out until the baby has arrived and we've both had a chance to hold her). I have a 5D3 and am trying to figure out what lenses to bring with me. Given that I won't bring a flash (too bright for newborn eyes) I'm trying to maximize my fast lenses while still having enough flexibility for nice shots.

My initial thought is to bring these lenses:

1. 24 2.8 IS

2. 50 1.4

3. 70-200 2.8 IS

4. 100 2.8 Macro (tokina)

What do you guys think? as an alternate I thought of bringing my 24-105 but at F4 it may be too slow for nice shots and is heavier than the 24 prime. I know the 70-200 is a beast but it just shoots so nice that I think I'd be disappointed without it.

-- hide signature --

http://www.neveloffphotography.com
“You don't take a photograph, you make it.”
- Ansel Adams

KN13's gear list:KN13's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow