Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
TTMartin
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,662Gear list
Like?
Re: Wide aperture - Pictures out of focus
In reply to Jizzy, 4 months ago

Jizzy wrote:

Antioch wrote:

Shooting at F1.8, depth of field is approximately 0.8 feet. And shooting at 1/2000 sec, would freeze any movement. Anyway, after viewing at 1:1, no part of the image is in focus.

You claim, that you focused on the eyes, but the eyes on the right side of the image, meaning that you recomposed. Also not clear, whether you were using AF-S or AF-C or something else. It appears, you may have focused elsewhere inadvertently, or you camera is screwed up.

99% of the time, it is operator error.

I chose an AF point on the right side:

AF-mode was AF-S. I agree with you, its mostly the photographers "fault", thats why I am looking for tips/input.

That AF point definitely would have been focusing on the bangs (hair) and not the eye.

-- hide signature --

All statements in my posts represent my interpretation of data, research opinion or viewpoints.
The opinions expressed are not representations of fact, and are subject to change without notice.
All images are used for educational purposes.

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ha!New
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow