Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pandionutv
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Exp and ISO bracketing
4 months ago

I put in a post about a week ago regarding exposure bracketing on the X-T1 and a possible alternative to it. Not getting any real response to my post, I’ve now experimented a bit and discovered something of interest, at least to me.

The normal exposure bracketing takes three individual frames during about one second, varying exposure and aperture as necessary, and makes an unpleasant rasping sound while doing so. Moving objects will clearly have changed position slightly during that period (much slower than with, say, a 7D, which shoots at 8 fps).

ISO bracketing takes one frame, which is then duplicated with varying ISO values, producing three frames with different densities but identical exposure and aperture values. This takes no longer than a single shot.

It would appear to me that using ISO bracketing instead of exposure bracketing has several advantages.

Opinions, anyone?

Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow