Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Englund
Regular MemberPosts: 450Gear list
Like?
K10D going strong
4 months ago

I have set out a special project, which is to try to take a portrait of each daughter (3) every day (or as close to every day as possible) and for this I use my old K10D and a SMC F 50 mm/1.7 set to jpeg and I also use a Yongnou YN560 manual flash, using the same-ish settings (depending on ambient light) every day (1/180th, full blast angled upwards/backwards, 100 ISO, f/5.6). No RAW, preferably no PP although some WB-work might be necessary occasionally. For this one, I just did the B/W conversion in-camera using the blue filter. It could benefit from a little more contrast but that wasn't an option with this kind of PP. The K10D suffers from back focus so to nail it to the eye I have to focus on the tip of the nose....

It feels good to put it to good use. It is always lying ready to go on the window sill. No excuses.

//englund

-- hide signature --

~Swede in Scottish exile~

Englund's gear list:Englund's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +5 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Pentax K10D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow