My first sky replacement - Critique please

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,686Gear list
Like?
Re: Car Scene car shadow has Front-Left sun position vs New Sky highlighted clouds w/sun right rear
In reply to Sdaniella, 2 months ago

Sdaniella wrote:

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

It is obvious to me where the sun is coming from in the car photo due to the shadows. It is much less obvious in my sky photo. How can you tell that it is right rear?

none of the clouds are rear lit (happens if sun is front of you)

none of the clouds were left-lit

so it means the sun is to your right (right lit) plus behind you (front-right lit clouds) requires sun positioned right/behind your right shoulder.sn't matter if your time zone is right or wrong if not changed between shots)

Thanks for the added info. I will have to start paying more attention to that. I wouldn't have noticed it without your help.

BTW not only were the images were taken in different seasons but also in different states.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow