Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluestarc2k
Contributing MemberPosts: 883Gear list
Like?
FZ1000 at Celebration of Light with some 4k grabs
Aug 4, 2014

So I went to the last day of Celebration of Light (it was Japan) and took some pictures and video.

I have to say I really love the camera and I'm still figuring it out. Some thoughts compared to my FZ150 and a couple of samples as well as the Fireworks.

The first thing I notice taking it out of the box was what happened to the lens cap tether (That really bugs me) then going through the menu I couldn't find the setting for minimum shutter speed, I wish it had that. Then went out and took some shots at my favourite birding spot. The first thing I noticed was how fast the focus was and also how clear the viewfinder was, and there was no blanking out between shots. I got some much better shots than I was able to get with my FZ150. I do have to do more cropping with the 1000 but I find the results to be very close with 1000 crop to my 150 at 600mm.

The one thing that does bother me with the video is the cropping it does especially in 4k, it also does some cropping in 1080p as well, which also happens with the 150.

I love the fact that when you shoot in Manual Focus Mode the lens stays in focus throughout the range as you zoom in and out, that was a very nice surprise that I haven't seen anyone else mention.

I noticed when filming the Fireworks in 4k that the LCD does not show the colors correctly but when I play it back the colors are correct. (This was just with the Fireworks)

I would post the 4k video but my computer just doesn't have the horsepower to do any thing with it, I can only use it in camera right now. Will post a 1080 Video when I can. (edit, forgot to mention the camera is much less prone to go into clipping compared to the FZ150)

OK here are the pics.

FZ150 at 600mm

FZ1000 at 400mm

FZ150 at 25mm

FZ1000 at 25mm

4K Video Grab

Low Light shot.

Another high iso shot

Some fun with the Star Filter.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Colin

bluestarc2k's gear list:bluestarc2k's gear list
Canon PowerShot A550 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D5500
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow