Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CMurdock
Contributing MemberPosts: 819
Like?
Questions about NX1000 and NX1100
1 month ago

In my search for a camera with accurate colors, I discovered that the NX1000 produces JPGs with some of the most accurate colors on the market, so I'm looking at that camera or the NX1100, which appears to be substantially similar.  However, I have some questions:

1. Are these old cameras?  They are available on Amazon, but the large camera retailers have stopped carrying them.

2. Are macro photos sharp?  A web site which reviewed the NX1000 said that very close-up macro images are soft in the center; but I photograph my products from about a foot away.  Can I expect sharp images at that distance (with the kit lens)?

3. I had a Nikon camera which I returned because it displayed the camera settings (accompanied by a multitude of icons & symbols) on the screen for 3 seconds after each shot.  That made it hard to frame the next shot.  Can I set these cameras so that they show nothing on the screen after a shot except the view through the lens?

I sell colorful glass beads on the internet, and I'll be using the camera to take product shots; but I also want to use it as my all-around camera.

Thank you!

Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX1100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow