Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nick in Knox
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Need advise on my short list: rx100m2, p340, p7800
4 months ago

After asking several questions on these forums, (thank you to everyone who has helped so far) and loads of research, dp's buying guides, etc, I think I have narrowed my choice down to three.  Can I trouble you for some advise, what your personal preference would be?

I know that they aren't really all in the same class, but I want a camera that is smaller and easier to transport than my DSLR, has good IQ (particularly in low light) and good connectivity.  I like the idea of controlling the camera via my smartphone over wifi, but I would also like to be able to do some time lapse photography as well.  Budget is a concern, but I am willing to pay a little more for a good quality product that will last me for years.  This will be my travel and outdoors/backcountry camera.

Now to be honest, I'm still very inexperienced at photography and probably don't really know what I want.  So, out of the three models below, can I get some votes on which one you would go with and why?

Sony cyber Shot DSC rx100m2  This one seems to be the popular choice.

Nikon Coolpix p340  Am I missing something, or is this a really good camera for the price?

Nikon Coolpix p7800  Why do I like this one?

Thank you, as always, for your help and time.

Nick

ANSWER:
Nikon Coolpix P340 Nikon Coolpix P7800 Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow