Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mtar925
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Is this dust in my M43 Images?
10 months ago

Any help figuring out what this dark streak is on images coming out of my Panasonic GX7? I've heard of dust being a problem on M43 sensors - and digital in general. But this thing only appears sharp at small apertures - I'd think dust on the sensor would be sharp at all f-stops? Maybe it's inside the lens? Pictures of a white board attached to show the streak at various apertures. All taken with the 14-42 kit lens MkII.

I've already used the in-camera Sensor Cleaning feature a couple of times, and blown the sensor off with a blower bulb a couple of times, to no avail. Also blown off the back element of the lens. If it is dust on the sensor - what do I do next, to clean it without damaging it?

Thanks for any help!

-- hide signature --

Matt in CA

f22

f11

f4

mtar925's gear list:mtar925's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow