Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,646Gear list
Like?
Quick V1 vs. V2 question
2 months ago

I apologize if this has been asked.  After our house fire, my internet access is rather limited at the moment, and it's been a pain searching for this info.

My V1 is definitely ruined as are my 10-30, 30-110, and SB-5n.  All various degrees of burned, melted, charred, etc.  In fact, everything buy my D7100 and a few lenses are gone, but the one that really needs to be replaced immediately is my V1.

Because I'm doing this out of pocket for now, and not as part of the insurance claim until later (at which point a V3 may appear depending on what I replace and what I don't with all the m4/3 gear, Fuji X10, etc), I am limiting things to a V1 or a V2 to finish up my baseball season as a back up to my D7100.  I was more than pleased with the images and performance I was getting out of the V1, but one thing that was rather limiting for me was that on the rare occasion that I needed the blazing speed the 1 series offers, shooting at 10 fps to retain AF Tracking, the camera obviously defaults from my normal shooting mode of M to P.

My question is, does the V2 do this as well?  There are certainly a few other aspects of the V2 that have it up for consideration, but this is one huge factor for me.  If I can bump it from 5 fps in mechanical shutter to 15 fps in electronic and remain in Manual mode, the choice is made.  Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance for your help!

John

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow