How important is video in your DSLR ?

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
jhmos
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
Re: Between 1 and 2
In reply to Leandros S, 4 months ago

Leandros S wrote:

It doesn't have to be as good as all the competition, but it does need to continue to improve, like all aspects of the K lineage.

-- hide signature --

No amount of perceived entitlement can replace actual expertise.

Yes, that is what I would pick, between 1 and 2. I do use video occasionally on my K-3, but its quite primitive to use in practice.

To really use it well, its either got to be on a tripod or have some other stabilization because the sensor shake reduction is disabled for video on the K-3. The SR offered is software and I don't find it acceptable.

You need a loupe to see the screen because you practically have to do manual focus. A bit like using a camera but even more difficult to use and with more limitations.

I knew some of that before I bought the camera and just decided that photographs were more important to me, otherwise I would have gone with Canon 70D. I guess anyone reading this thread would have also made that decision so would be slanted towards still photography. You will probably be missing input from all the people who might have gone with Pentax if the video was better.

I am getting a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (during the price reduction) which I know is also hard to use but at least has better video quality.

jhmos's gear list:jhmos's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax K100D Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow