BolleDuc
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
Re: New FZ1000!
In reply to Donald B, 1 month ago

Donald B wrote:

BolleDuc wrote:

Ray Roberts wrote:

Hello, I dont know about "special look" to them as I unfortunately find the noise when enlarged to 100% unacceptable especially at 125 iso. I know we are talking only a 1" sensor but am I missing something? Anybody else feel the same way?

I was afraid to say anything in case I too was totally missing something but I feel exactly the same. Don't really know if it's noise or something else but it has a really noisy grainy look to it, just not crisp & sharp, that I think is even beaten by the smaller sensored FZ200 sample.

I really want one of these cameras but these examples aren't the most encouraging I've seen. Not trying to take a poke at anyone, or at the camera, but I would like to hear this "look" explained.

Paul

PS - I've looked with Safari & Chrome on a Mac & with IE & Chrome on a PC. All show the same result at 100%.

-- hide signature --

Dilettante - my hobby is buying & selling cameras not photography!
Panasonic GX7, Olympus E-PM2 & Canon S90 (IR Converted 590nm)

can you post a screen shot to show us your results.

cheers don

-- hide signature --

Pentax k7,fz150,xz1 my toys.

Hi Don,

This is what the pic looks like on my monitor at 100%. The clip below is from my recent model Macbook Air but it doesn't get any better on my high res Dell monitor. And don't get me wrong, I still intend to get this camera but I've seen far better pics from the FZ1000 online. I just don't think that these are good examples & the OP might want to do some further checking to ensure that he doesn't have any problems. At that low ISO level, he should be seeing a much crisper image I think.

Paul

Snip of original at 100% from MBA

-- hide signature --

Dilettante - my hobby is buying & selling cameras not photography!
Panasonic GX7, Olympus E-PM2 & Canon S90 (IR Converted 590nm)

BolleDuc's gear list:BolleDuc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Canon PowerShot S90 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus PEN E-PM2 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow