PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.02 -PART 2

Started Aug 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
assaft
assaft Senior Member • Posts: 1,267
Re: Evening

yyr wrote:

Thanks for posting those - that's a very interesting exercise to see. I'm going to give that a try. What did you use for the original rectilinear correction?

I used Lightroom's perspective correction panel (Lens Correction / Manual) with the settings: Vertical: -20; Scale: 99, and added global rotation of 2.15.

I've used Hugin to de-fish and also to refish a rectilinear shot (7mm) but have never tried it for correcting as you have done.

Yes, I followed your posts and threads with great interest. I'm actually going to try another set of copies of the Samyang FE (previous attempts resulted in lemons that I returned) thanks to some pictures of yours that I really liked.

Changing the projection from rectilinear to panini in Hugin is done in the same manner as fishing/defishing - it's just that the lens properties and the target projection are different (in my case it was a rectilinear 14mm to panini).

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

assaft's gear list:assaft's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
RC3
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow