Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
manual_focus
Contributing MemberPosts: 885
Like?
K 135mm f2.5 vs F 135mm f2.8?
4 months ago

When I go hiking I take two lenses with me. The DA 35mm f2.8 Macro and the K 135mm f2.5. Both excellent lenses.  Based on my latest hike where I needed to take pictures of mountain goats as they walked, I ran into the limitations of the old K series lens with both its manual focus and manual light meter. Too much needed to be done in too short a period. When I got back from the hike a number of my shots of the goats where either slightly out of focus and/or had a poor exposure. So I looked into getting at least an A or newer 135mm lens. From my readings it looks like my best option is the F 135mm f2.8.  The A* f1.8 is too heavy and a bit pricey, the A f2.8 is not quite as sharp, and the FA f2.8 has poor manual focus. Thoughts or comments.

Here is a shot I took last Friday of a mountain goat with the smc K 135mm f2.5 where everything worked.  I just leave it on f8, take my manual exposure reading, make any adjustments, focus and shoot. Luckily he was standing still. 

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow