PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.02 -PART 2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
assaft
Contributing MemberPosts: 864Gear list
Like?
Re: Evening
In reply to yyr, 1 month ago

yyr wrote:

These give a really nice sense of time and place. Would be curious to see the first in its original form.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Thanks for the feedback Yaelle. I'm attaching three versions - the original framing (with only color adjustments), with the vertical perspective tilt corrected (still rectilinear projection) and the alternative Panini version that I posted earlier. The goal of changing the projection was to avoid the slight distortion on the left side (in the rectilinear versions the leftest windows look wider than the other) and to make the center more dominant. I'm not so sure anymore that it was necessary here but I still like it more. It seems that I tilted the camera too much in my original framing (in an attempt to leave some space above the clouds).

Original framing

Perspective corrected (still rectilinear)

Projection changed to Panini (and perspective corrected in Hugin)

assaft's gear list:assaft's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow