Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Everett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,739
Like?
Lens vs Camera: The FF APS-C Dilemma
2 months ago

I have a Nex 7 with lots of good lens: Rokinon 12/2, Sigma 30/2.8, Sigma 60/2.8, Touit 32/1.8, 2 18-55 kits, including a black Made in Japan.  I also have a bunch of legacy lenses, including a few Minolta MD's and Canon FD's.

I am trying out an A6000.  The faster AF and the better sensor at high IQ make it appealing, but I'm not sure the trade gives me that much more and is really worth it.

I could sell the whole set-up and go for the A7, but I would not be able to buy much more than the kit lens.  (Don't ask, let's just say that I value my marriage).

Does the A7 with a kit lens give me anything in IQ on say the A6000 or the Nex 7 with something like the Touit 32.

I can stay with the 7, sell it and one kit lens and get the 6000, or go all in on FF.  I'm interested in lots of shooting except sports, and right now I want to stick with mainly AF.

Any thoughts would be helpful, as I'm trying to make as informed a decision as possible.

BTW I can speak at some length on 7 vs 6000 but that's been covered a lot.

Michael

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow