How fast does your computer process with SPP 6?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scottelly
Senior MemberPosts: 1,889Gear list
Like?
How fast does your computer process with SPP 6?
1 month ago

I've read a lot of comments about how slowly SPP processes photos. The latest was in a review video posted on YouTube. For whatever reason, the guy who reviewed the Quattro said the images were taking him more than a minute to process. He claimed the computer was a modern machine, but I have to wonder if that is true. I process raw Quattro images with SPP 6.0.0 in about 1 minute, and all I'm using is a dual-core i7 MacBook Air with 4 GB of relatively slow RAM. My processor is a 1.8 Ghz model from 2011. I would suspect that a 2.5 Ghz quad-core i7 machine from 2011 would be much faster, but that review video and some of the complaints I've been reading make me wonder if my computer is somehow really fast, compared to more recent computers.

How long does it take you to export a "same-size" JPEG at quality level 12 from a Quattro raw file in SPP 6? How long does it take to export the same file with a few adjustments? How long does it take your computer to export the same adjusted file as a 48 bit TIFF in ProPhoto RGB color space? (When I say 48 bit I mean 16 bit per channel.)

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sigma SD14 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok,New
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow