Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rob asnong
Regular MemberPosts: 377Gear list
Like?
question for A77 and A77 mk2 owners
2 months ago

I have an A77 and A77mk2. The A77mk2 was great in the beginning. After some 3000 shots I started to notice it was difficult to get sharp images. Not with my A77 or A99.

Today I did some testing. I used the same lenses to test. Both cameras are AF fine tuned with the same lenses. Manual focused, steady shot on, same subject, same light. Can't get a sharp picture with the A77mk2! Every single shot with the A77 is tack sharp. The strange thing is with SS off the A77 stays sharper than the A77mk2 with SS off. I am very convinced that the SS of the A77mk isn't working anymore like it should and had a negative (contra productive)  effect even if the SS has turned of.

I don't use the stabilized viewfinder in the A77mk2. Then I noticed that the A77mk2 always needed the double light for the same exposure, say 1/125 sec on the A77 and 1/60 sec on the A77mk2, ceterus paribus other parameters, same lens, same F value, same subject, same light. So both camera are different tuned, but this is a hugh difference, 1 EV!

This can maybe explaine more the more unsharp photos with that A77mk2 without SS, but not the unsharp ones with more than sufficient light, says 1/1000 sec.

Can anyone do this test also and report about it here?

Many thx in advance.

Rob

-- hide signature --

www.picasaweb.google.be/alphamember

rob asnong's gear list:rob asnong's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +9 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow